Why Swim Survival Safety™?
Every baby, toddler is taught the life saving maneuver of rolling to their back and floating unassisted until help can arrive.
What is Swim Survival Safety™
Swim Survival Safety™ is life-saving aquatic problem solving.
Every baby, toddler is taught the life saving maneuver of rolling over and floating on their back unassisted, even if fully clothed! This becomes a child’s automated response if they find themselves in the water unexpectedly. This foundational skill will accelerate your child into learning to swim and be water independent at the earliest possible age!
Lessons are taught by systematic, gradual and age appropriate in nature. We offer intro sessions for ages 0-18m and Swim Survival Safety™ Lessons starting at age 7 months.
All of our instructors are highly trained adults who have trained side by side with our Master Instructor.
- The earlier you start your child in the water, the easier it is to teach survival skills. However, children of all ages can learn this life saving method and no child should be without life saving skills in the water.
- Respect for the water should be the first and foremost lesson a child should learn about water.
- Positive reinforcement, loving words, smiles, and patience are required in teaching a child to swim.
- All children can learn to survive in the water.
- Daily reinforcement of skills builds successful, confident and happy swimmers!
- Very young infants can be introduced to the water to learn important aquatic lessons about bouyancy and balance.
- Adults need to guide children to safe practices around the water.
- Back floating is a lifesaving skill and should be one of the first swimming skills taught to all children.