The earlier you start your child in the water, the easier it is to teach survival skills.
SynchroBabies™ Tinies- A session designed for ages 8 weeks-15 weeks with parent.
SynchroBabies™- A session designed for ages 3-7 months with parent.
SynchroTots ™- A session designed for 7-17 months with parent.
Basic Water Awareness A session designed for 17m-3y with parent.
Once your baby has completed an Intro Session, your teacher will recommend you to another session, a group survival or Beginning Survival. Recommendations are all by teacher discretion and are based on parent and child readiness and age of child.
Basic Water Awareness is an intro session designed for 4-6y olds (with no parent in) who are not fearful of the pool but are not yet able to fully self submerge.
Fearful children should spend 2-3x per week in the pool with a trusted adult acclimating and overcoming their fear before joining a group class.
Once your child has completed an Intro Session, your teacher will recommend you to another intro session, or Beginning Survival. Recommendations are all by teacher discretion and are based on parent and child readiness and age of child.
SWIMBABES™ are Experts in Swim Survival Safety. Your 0-3y old may start with an intro session (age appropriate) and move to a group Beginning survival class by instructor invitation.
Beginning Survival CAMP for ages 4y-6y (no parent in.). Prerequisites for Beginning Survival at this age are:
1. Must be able to fully self submerge in 2 1/2 feet of water and get a ring (or attempt to) without hesitation. Students will be tested on this skill at the outset of the first lesson.
2. Must be willing and able to lay in a flat back float position with assistance for 15 seconds.
3. Must be eager and excited to learn to swim!
Timid children should join an intro Basic Water Awareness session and spend time with their parents in a pool situation, preferably 2-3x a week to overcome any hesitations and work on the above skills before enrolling in Beginning Survival.
Fearful children should spend time in the pool with a trusted adult (preferably 2-3x/week ) to work on overcoming fear before they attempt to join a group session.
Once your child can turn over and float independently, he or she may join weekly lessons or sessions as offered. Your instructor will let you know which level of skill session your child is ready for!
SWIMBABES™ does not offer make ups, credits or refunds for missed classes.
Its never too late to start a child, but here are a few things to know:
- The younger you start your child in swimming lessons, the easier it will be for your child to learn to swim.
- Though the back float position can be taught to any age child, it is easiest to teach before a child can sit up.
- The older the child is, the more other factors begin to play into their attitude about water.
- Swimming is a life skill, not just an activity. Invest in the best lessons you can find.
- Swim Diapers (2 sets preferably)
- Swim Suit
- Swim discs (intro classes and beginning survival)
We require reusable diapers of specific brand because paper diapers (like Little Swimmers) clog filters and fill up our trash with smelly diapers.
- SWIMBABES requires a 2 diapering system: Iplay Ultimate Swim Diaper as the under diaper and Splash About Happy Nappy as the over diaper. Both can be purchased at our front desk. You will need 2 sets for class in case one becomes soiled.
- Please rinse soiled diapers in the toilet, not the sink or shower.
- If your baby soils their diaper during class, you must return to the pool with a clean diaper and clean diaper cover. We do not allow rinsed out diapers back into the pool. We ask you take the soiled diaper home and wash it in hot water.
- All children under age 4 must be wearing a swim diaper. Children 4 and older must have been potty trained day and night for one full year to go without. Children who are under age 4 and potty trained may wear just one swim diaper.
Lessons start at $294.00/month for 2x/week lessons. This can vary slightly depending on the number of lessons in the month.
10 day camps run $385.00
There is a one time family registration fee of $54.95. Diapers and discs are required for beginning classes and are sold separately and are not part of tuition.
We do offer private lessons to ages 4-6y when we have water time and instructor availability to do so. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we are currently offering private lessons. Ages 4-6y only. (we do not offer private lessons to children under age 4).
Due to the proprietary nature of our program, we do not allow video or photos of lessons in session. We do offer photograph opportunities on award days and occasionally other times with express permission of the director. And video and photographs are allowed during all of our family swims.
At our on location camps (outside of our facility) we will build in a short photo/video period during certain lessons of the camp for parents to video their own children at will. Your instructor will tell you more about those at your specific camp.
Please do not bring your child to lessons if they are showing signs of illness: green runny nose, congestion, cough, fever or rashes. Children must be fever and symptom free 24 hours without medication to return to lessons.
If your child exhibits diarrhea please do not bring them swimming for 7-14 days after they are symptom free.