The earlier you start your child in the water, the easier it is to teach survival skills.
We require reusable diapers of specific brand because paper diapers (like Little Swimmers) clog filters and fill up our trash with smelly diapers.
- SWIMBABES requires a 2 diapering system: Iplay Ultimate Swim Diaper as the under diaper and Splash About Happy Nappy as the over diaper. Both can be purchased at our front desk. You will need 2 sets for class in case one becomes soiled.
- Please rinse soiled diapers in the toilet, not the sink or shower.
- If your baby soils their diaper during class, you must return to the pool with a clean diaper and clean diaper cover. We do not allow rinsed out diapers back into the pool. We ask you take the soiled diaper home and wash it in hot water.
- All children 3.5 and under must be wearing a swim diaper. Children 3.5 and older must have been potty trained day and night for one full year to go without.
SWIMBABES does not offer make up classes.
- However, if you have to miss a class, please give us a call and if we can, we will look to see if we can fit you in anywhere else.
- Once your child enters perpetual lessons, you will be awarded gift lessons to use.
Its never too late to start a child, but here are a few things to know:
- The younger you start your child in swimming lessons, the easier it will be for your child to learn to swim.
- Though the back float position can be taught to any age child, it is easiest to teach before a child can sit up.
- The older the child is, the more other factors begin to play into their attitude about water.
- Dropping in and out of lessons is detrimental to the learning process particularly when learning a motor skill.
- Swimming is a life skill, not just an activity. Invest in the best lessons you can find.
- Swim Diapers (2 sets preferably)
- Swim Suit
- Swim discs (intro classes)
Please call the office. Once a session begins, it is difficult to change days or sessions but we are happy to look for you.